Teams of 5-10 girls are paired with a mentor (that could be you!), and over the course of a few months they'll learn to develop an app or website together.
September 24th, 10am-4pm, Cedar Rapids or Ames
- Attendees form teams, each of which is assigned a mentor.
- Together, you'll brainstorm ideas for an app or website to build over the course of a few months.
- Iowa Girls Code will be bringing in technical workshops, too! You'll play a huge role in their first coding experience.
- We have both Ames and Cedar Rapids area locations to make the Iowa Girls Code Fall Kickoff convenient to attend!
Kick-Off through Spring Summit, Bi-Monthly
- Teams meet with their mentor twice a month to work on their project.
- The mentor-team relationship is meant to be casual and accommodate everyone's schedule, so there are no hard dates, locations, or deliverables for these meetings.
March 2017 (date TBD), Iowa State
- All teams meet at Iowa State for a half day of finishing up their projects.
- Groups will present what they've made in front of a judging panel.
- ~Prizes~ will be awarded for the most technically impressive projects!
Sign up to be a mentor here.
For more information please contact Morgan Less at email@example.com